Our Division Women & Planning
As one of the earliest divisions of the American Planning Association, the Women & Planning Division was formed in 1979 as a platform from which to provide a national network supporting and advocating for the need of women in the planning profession.
We welcome your participation with over 1,200 other members (and counting!) in activities encouraging, uplifting, and celebrating all women planners! On our APA website you will find information about our division's activities and services. Please feel free to contact any of the division leaders with your suggestions and inquiries!
Among the purposes of the Division are the following:
- Create a national network of planners actively promoting and addressing the issues of women in planning.
- Promote the professional growth of women in the planning field.
- Provide the planning profession with research and guidance to address the needs of women in planning practice.
- Act as a resource to APA to advocate for legislation and planning policy that improves the welfare and status of women as members of a community and as planning professionals.
- Facilitate connections with other Divisions, Chapters, and allied organizations addressing issues relevant to women in planning.
Do you pay your APA Dues out-of-pocket?
APA has recently updated their online payment portal to allow members to elect for monthly payments for dues instead of one lump sum, interest free!
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-786-6733.
· APA members - $25
· Non-APA members - $40
· Students - Free!
APA offers a reduced two-year ($10) introductory rate for first-time members and students who have completed their studies within the past year. This introductory rate is available to APA members only. For more information on APA membership dues, visit: https://www.planning.org/join/dues/.